This week’s entry is about Personalized Learning. Based on what have been explained during the class, personalized learning is more to student centered.
“Personalized Learning is a 21st century, “on the leading edge” approach to public education that honors and recognizes the unique gifts, skills, passions, and attributes of each child.”
Personalized Learning is a blended approach to learning that combines the delivery of education both within and beyond the traditional classroom environment.
From all the links given by Miss Ng, I have decided to choose Build Your Wild Life.
Year 3 (Average Proficiency)
This is the production step, where pupils will have the knowledge of body parts.
- Teacher recalls what have been taught during the earlier stage.
- Teacher then asks the pupils to draw a figure with body parts in their exercise book.
- Teacher then asks the pupils to click on the website and explore the website first.
- After giving 2-3 minutes to explore, teacher explains about the games that they are going to play.
- Teacher asks the pupils to sit in pairs.
- Teacher tells the pairs to choose a name of a figure.
- Pupils are to create their own wildlife figure based on the icon appeared in the website.
- They are given 5 to 10 minutes to complete their figure with extended features. They are not allowed to create a normal human figure.
- Then teacher asks the pupils to explain why they create their figure like that.